Friday, May 3, 2019

Covering My Rear, I Guess...

The following is merely my reaction to some developing paranoia concerning this blog.

Recently, the news reports are getting more, and more hysterical about GOOGLE's efforts to rid it's Social Media outlets of so-called "Hate Speech"!  If this is a sincere effort on the part of honest people, then one can hardly object to it.  But, one must be cautious about the perspective of whomever is chosen to discern between true "Hate Speech", and merely unpopular speech, especially that which the judge simply disagrees with.  GOOGLE (actually FACEBOOK) has recently decided to arbitrarily ban certain "right wing" texts of "bastions of conservatism", such as that well known "conservative", Louis Farrakhan!!! [Correction:  The news report that claimed Farrakhan was a "far right" speaker was from the Washington Post story about GOOGLE's (or, FACEBOOK's)  crack down on "Hate Speech", not GOOGLE's designation.]   He of the anti-Semitic blustering, over the past decades, in which he compares Jews to the Islamic Hate groups' references of their being related to pigs and apes, and recently comparing them to "termites".  Such dehumanizing terms were fundamental in the Nazi German attempt to condition their society to the "correctness" of the genocidal extermination of Jews during World War 2!!!

  Which illustrates the problem;  What qualifies someone to serve as the judge of what should be censured, and what should not???  If this is the Leftist standard for what GOOGLE is prepared to base their judgement upon, then we all are in big trouble!!!  Especially those (like yours truly!) who are published by a subsidiary of GOOGLE!!!  How long before some idiot decides that my writing constitutes "Hate Speech", simply because they find my conclusions to be offensive!  If I am right, these are not my words, but God's.  Take your complaints to Him!!!  If I am wrong, then I will have to endure the shame of being an idiot in the world's eyes, but the world, in general, has been such a poor judge of character, that I don't fear their judgement!

I have been writing for more than a decade from the premise that certain current events seem to indicate that Biblical prophecies, some as old as 2500 years ago, may be about to be fulfilled!   I certainly can not say for sure that anything I have written is absolute fact.  I merely speculate that these current events suggest the possibility that they may be about to unfold soon!  If I am right, or not, my opinion cannot effect the outcome, one way, or another.

My most controversial, yet my most convinced belief, is the possible soon fulfillment of the "Gog/Magog" Middle-East invasion, described in Ezekiel 38, and 39!  This is either absolutely correct, or pathetically in error;  there can't be any other conclusion!  Since I have no reputation to protect, as a Biblical scholar, or anything even close to that, I don't fear the humiliation of being wrong.  I've been wrong about many things in my life, usually when I speak from my own foolish mind, without considering things from God's perspective!

Many academic positions on the fulfillment of prophecy come from the textbooks of the seminaries that taught the pastors.  This works well, most of the time.  But, the world has changed greatly over the last 2500 years, and even a seminary text written in the last century may not recognize the participants, God refers to.  A prophecy that was given 2500 years ago, and spoken for the time that God calls the, "last days" is difficult for the people to understand, to whom it was originally given!  The customs, values, and even the various countries people lived in changed often, giving different contexts to try and understand how the prophecy should fit into the world in which they lived.  God referred to various countries by the name that the people of that day would recognize.  But, today, if the prophecy is soon to be fulfilled, some of the countries carry different names.  The prophecy names, "Persia", which we now know as Iran;  it calls Libya, "Cush";  and Ethiopia, or perhaps Somalia, as "Put".  There is some debate as to the main instigator of the invasion, "Magog".  Some feel it is the region of present day Turkey, where the ancient tribe called "Magog"  once settled.  But, many of that same tribe eventually resettled in the area around Moscow, Russia, and the belligerence of the Russians fits the temper of the prophecy, especially the arrogance of Vladimir Putin (who may be the leader, "Gog" that the prophecy refers to).

 Things have been happening, especially in the Middle-East that have not happened before, yet seem necessary for this prophecy to be fulfilled.  For instance, Russia, while claiming to be helping their Syrian allies, has established a warm water port, and an air base, in northwestern Syria, which could be used to mobilize troops for just such an invasion (which the Bible says Russia will be the main instigator of).  Russia has been desirous of such a warm water port since the Tsarist days of the 19th century!  Yet, this is the first time in history that they have been able to accomplish it!

My concern about my writing is that the conclusion of this prophecy says that 83, and 1/3rd% of the invasion force will be destroyed, by God's miraculous help for Israel's efforts to resist this invasion.  I certainly have no control over whether, or not, this will happen, or any other part of the prophecy.  I merely comment on what the prophecy says, and leave it to the reader to decide if they think there is any credence to my reasoning.  I certainly do not hate anyone who may foolishly decide to participate in this invasion,  but if any were considering so, and decide against it because of what I have written, then, "Praise the Lord!!!", I may have just saved that person's life!

 If this constitutes "Hate Speech", then I guess we will settle this in court!  There are Christian attorneys who prosecute such First Amendment issues, and I guess this would qualify under both the free speech, and establishment of religion clauses.  I would not hesitate to contact those attorneys!!!  If God wants this to become a test case, then so be it!!!

"Not my will, but Thy will be done, on Earth, as it is in heaven!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment