Thursday, October 15, 2015

Perhaps Ready For Prime Time

Two things are evident about my predictions concerning the "Gog/Magog", or Russia-led invasion of the Middle-East, and attempted (but failed, thank God!) Massacre of all Israeli Jews. First, there is sufficient evidence that God is slowly moving Russian President Putin (or "Gog"???) to begin his invasion, ostensibly to assist his Syrian allies in defending the Assad regime, before he will (I believe) make his inevitable move towards Saudi Arabia, and the rest of the Arab Gulf States oil reserves. I guess he is biding his time, while he slowly builds up his forces, till they are large enough that a conventional force would have trouble driving him out (though God is able, anyway). He knows that it would risk a nuclear confrontation at that point, and America's President Obama is too spineless to even hint that. Well, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanjahu is not, and the Israelis are on record as saying if they ever faced a situation where it looked like they would be wiped out, as the Bible predicts (and their Muslim neighbors would love to carry it out) they would not react in a "David vs. Goliath" manner, but they would react in a "Samson vs. the Philistines" manner. Namely, they would be willing to destroy themselves, in a manner that would also destroy an enemy that was about to overrun them. Remember, Israel not only has Nuclear Weapons, but also is reputed to have Neutron Nuclear capacity, perhaps in short range artillery shells, capable of killing the enemy, while not destroying buildings, or armaments. The Ezekiel Prophecies talk about God helping the Israelis to defeat, overwhelmingly, their invading enemies, after which they will spend seven years burning their flammable weapons, and armaments (does that sound like Neutron Nuclear warfare,to you? It does to me!).

The other obvious conclusion we can draw from the Middle-East developments is that I was dead wrong in trying to predict that the Blood Moons of recent days would possibly mark the beginning, and end of the conflict (since Middle-East wars have lasted only a matter of days, in the past). I thought the significance of the Blood Moons might be to parenthetically date the Ezekiel prophecied conflict. Well, "Mea culpa" (I'm guilty, in this case), but the Blood Moons do seem to have ushered in the beginning of the conflict, it's just developing more slowly than I expected. I should have realized that predicting the absolute start and finishing dates, (even as speculation) was foolhardy, in the same manner as the Lord's admonishion, in the gospels, and later in Acts 1, that no man would know the, "day, or hour", and later, that we could not even guess the, "times (Biblical terminology for "years"), or the seasons" of His second coming, so it would be foolish to try to predict the date. I am reminded of a time, several years ago, when a rather over-zealous friend was in the habit of telling people that it would all come to pass sometime (I think it was September, something, in 2011, if I remember correctly). I rather angrily admonished him to stop this silly predicting, and I never heard him retract anything after the date came, and went.

Well, I guess I have been unintentionally guilty of the same thing, in predicting that the "Gog/Magog" invasion might coincide with the "Blood Moons" of this year. Since I have also speculated that this invasion might culminate in the Lord's "Rapture" of the world-wide body of Christian Believers (or, His Church), with a seven year respite before Jesus returns to judge the whole world, I guess simple arithmetic would make me guilty of the same dating prediction of our Lord's second coming, which I would never consciously do. So I must apologize to anyone who may have felt that I was trying to put a date on the Lord's return. Perhaps that is why this invasion (if that is truly what is happening) is developing so slowly. God may be giving me time to digest some of my self-made "Humble-Pie", and I ain't much of a cook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment