Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Clintons Hit The "Foxholes", While The "Bombs" Of Criticism Fly

And they seem to be flying all around them!!! If I seem unabashedly gleeful, I apologize. I don't take pleasure in their problems, or anyone else's, but I do appreciate this apparent revelation that God is truly in control of this election, in spite of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary that we have suffered through for many months. It's like I wrote previously, when I compared God's victorious blessings to the historical progress of past wars, in which we Americans started out with great fervor, and faith, only to suffer initial defeats, against what had to appear to be almost overwhelming odds. It's almost as if God wanted to see if our faith in His power was genuine, or temporal.

The Revolutionary War began with defeat in the midst of apparent victory, especially in the so-called Battle of Bunker Hill. The American Colonists "beat the snot out of" the British Troops, to an estimated ten thousand casualties, but lost when their ammunition began to run out, forcing their withdrawal. I think most people recognize that He turned our initial defeat into eventual victory, at Yorktown, Va., as he did with the Union forces in the Civil War, after two disasters at the creek of Bull Run, in Manassas Va. From those defeats, God returned the victory, at Appomattox, Va. which held our fragile union together, as it remains today, no matter how tenuous it may appear. By comparison, defeating the dangerously unrighteous candidacy of the meglo-maniacal Clinton would-be "monarchy" would seem to be easy, yet the over-all peril of this election seems without parallel. Like I've said before, I don't particularly like Trump, but if he is pliable enough for God to use in restoring this country to it's former righteousness (even while recognizing the there are many areas which we still must deal with), and will appoint wise advisors, and actually listen to them, he might make a great President, after all.

Again, I claim no special insight into God's future plans for this country, as I've said before, I am not a prophet, but I think I can recognize current-event patterns that seem to be consistent with the way God has moved for those who trust in Him, throughout history. I think "history" includes today, and remember that "history" is nothing more, nor less, than "His Story"!!! Praise God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment