Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Or Maybe So... After All (A Retraction Of My Earlier Retraction)

I feel a little bit like that old nursery rhyme, "On again, off again. in again, Finnegan...", or however it goes.

How about saying, "Never mind...", concerning my last post's retraction of my FOX NEWS quote that the President had the authority to view the Inspector General's report of the Clinton E-mail investigation, before it is released to the public.  I felt we had waited long enough without any confirmation of such a necessary option. So, I assumed what I had heard was in error, and said so.

So, tonight, on FOX NEWS' evening SPECIAL REPORT show, it was announced that President Trump will be given a "briefing" of the report that is scheduled to be released to the public tomorrow.  What exactly that entails, I can't guess.  I keep hearing glowing remarks about the Inspector General, Michael Horowitz, and his honesty and trustworthiness, but I can't help but be skeptical about anyone connected with the F.B.I., or the Department of (In?)Justice, lately.  How honest and thorough will Horowitz be in briefing the President, about what we have come to believe will be a lot of incriminating details, not only of Clinton's obstruction of justice, but of Horowitz's old cronies at the F.B.I., themselves committing obstruction, in trying to cover up hers.  Will he be honest, and tell the President all that went on, or will he simply hand the President 500 pages of redacted Magic Marker lines, from the top of each page, to the bottom (claiming "National Security" concerns) !!!

As the President has been saying a lot lately, "We'll see what happens!"

No comments:

Post a Comment