Wednesday, June 27, 2018

More On "Spiritual Wickedness In High Places"

Regular readers of this column will recognize that the subjects of my posts tend to vary depending on whether breaking news stories click on my Biblical perspective, with regard to National, or International developments.  Nationally, I tend to rejoice with any political victory that strengthens the conservative values that support mostly (if not exclusively) Republican programs, whether the President proposes them, or Congress does it themselves.  It's not merely a Republican bias; I would gladly support a Democratic move toward righteousness, but I have yet to see one!  I will let you know when one happens.

Internationally, I tend to bore my readers with my almost obsessive  view of most international developments through there relationship to what I am convinced is the Russian, Iranian (and their other allies') buildup for the prophecied "Gog/Magog" invasion of the Middle-East, prophecied in Ezekiel: 38, and 39.  While I believe there is plenty of evidence of their collective intentions, the fact that this invasion has not started yet must make it hard for others to place any credence in my views.  Yet, I can only call it like I see it, and leave it up to others to decide if they agree, or not.

Today, I am struck by reports of demonstrations throughout Iran, with thousands of people marching to protest the Iranian government's obsessive financial support of various rebellions in other Middle-Eastern countries, like Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and the Palestinian uprisings in Israel.  (Who would have ever expected the chants of, "death to America!",  during the Iran/Contra escapade of  the late 1980's, to become today's chants of, "death to Palestine!")  All this, while Iran's economy has become a "basket case", with inflation sky-rocketing, and shortages rampant!  International sanctions are largely to blame for the crisis, as with the Russian economy as well, and I wonder if the Government's reaction to the protests will be belligerence (which is typically their position),  or will the sanctions have the desired diplomatic effect, and bring rogue regimes to the negotiating table, in conciliatory humility?  (Why does the expression, "Fat chance!" seem to be rolling around in my head???)

Perhaps the basis of this alliance between Russia, and Iran has much to do with their belligerence at the painful effects of the sanctions, and their mutual desire to turn the effects back on the ''sanctioners'', such as the imagined conquest of the Arab oil fields that I have guessed may be their original intent, after they eliminate the threat of Israel possibly defeating their efforts.  If they were to succeed, they could easily embargo all the western nations that are heavily dependent upon the middle-eastern oil outputs, and even if America tried to fill the gap, the international cost of oil would be prohibitive, and a depression would certainly follow!  I think something like this may be the central motivation of these countries, and local public protests could serve to heighten their resolve to hurry their plans!

While I am certainly making no predictions that my imagination will definitely fit with God's prophecy, let's just say I wouldn't be surprised!!!  Whatever their motive, they will first attack Israel, and God will see to it that that will backfire in their faces, and the rest of my speculation will not come to pass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment