Thursday, April 21, 2016

What Is The "Blasphemy Of The Holy Ghost"?

Turning from the ridiculous (Donald Trump), to the serious (God), I am about to write on a subject that I haven't wanted to face for a long time, because it is so controversial. It is one of the few things that Jesus spoke of, that He didn't fully explain, at the time. I have come to believe that His purpose in not explaining it fully was to cause His believers to sincerely search the Word of God (the Bible), to try and reason (scripturally) exactly what He was referring to.

I don't think He was being entirely literal when He said (in Matthew 12: 31), "Wherefore I say unto you, 'All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.'" I don't believe He meant that if one said something like, "Blankity-blank Holy Ghost!" that He would plunge the speaker immediately into Hell! (However, as I am limited in my understanding of Spiritual truth by this pathetic human exterior, that we call "a body", which contains that foolish contraption we call, "a human mind"; I would not recommend that anyone try my beliefs, as an experiment. I can be humiliatingly wrong, and in this case the consequences would be too extreme!)

But He did say, "All manner of sin and blasphemy...". Too me, "All..." means All! With no further exceptions! (End of story!) Later, in Revelation 13, it talks of a "Beast" (whether the Antichrist, or Satan, I don't know. I really don't think it makes much difference.) It goes on to say, in Revelation 14: verses 9, and 10, "And the third Angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,...and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone..." etc.!

There is only one way that both of these accounts can be true: and that is if Jesus is referring to the same sin, in both accounts. Therefore, I speculate (remember, I'm only one person, with one fallible human mind, embarrassingly capable of error!) that the "Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost" and worshipping the "Beast", and receiving his Mark, are the same sin! For it is written that God will forgive neither, yet Jesus said, "All..shall be forgiven....except..." one sin! They can't both be true, separately. Therefore, He must be referring to the same sin , both times!

If I'm right, then those of us who look to the "Rapture of the Church", before the seven year "Tribulation" need not worry about the "Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost", as long as we take NO MARK, of any kind on our hand, or forehead! And, of course nothing that smacks of worshipping the "Beast" should be acceptable, though I don't think that will be a problem, until after the Church is "Raptured"! Again, I say all this with fear and trepidation, hoping no one will place their chance of salvation entirely upon what I've said! I merely mention my opinion, and encourage others to prayerfully consider if there is any truth in what I say!

[UDATE-- 4/23/2016:
I said above that I wasn't sure, "if the 'beast' referred to the Antichrist, or to Satan", but that it probably didn't make much difference. Actually, I remembered that there are some scholars who believe that the "beast" is the entire Antichrist system, especially the economic system, based in Europe (not today, perhaps, but the European system will likely evolve into this, at some point), which will probably be computerized, entirely, and require a "Mark" on the hand or forehead to identify the user.

Don't translate this into my cautioning people not to have anything to do with Europe, but the old principle of, "buyer beware!" holds particularly true here! This is especially true as our own currency is likely to fail at any time (like maybe a Wall Street panic, after Iran, Russia, and others invade the Middle-East; not that Wall Street cares "squat" about Israel, but they are deathly afraid of any instability that would threaten Saudi Arabia!!!) So keep watching for Europe to turn more united, especially behind a computerized European currency, probably like the American "Bitcoin"; and have nothing to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment