Monday, March 28, 2016

Rome;The "Great Whore" Of Revelation

I am writing these words with a sense of fear, and trepidation, because I know they will be taken by many to be the expression of a discriminatory hatred that I don't feel, and never have, to my knowledge. I merely put forth the interpretation of scriptures, as I see them, and leave it up to the reader, whether they think there is any truth herein. If you prayerfully consider my words, I believe you will either draw a similar conclusion, or you will at least see how well-intended people can disagree on the following points, with no malice intended between them.

One point in particular has bugged me for years with regards to the prophecy concerning the "Great Whore" of Revelation 17, where it talks of "her" judgment. It begins with a description of her as "sitting on many waters". Later, it explains that the "waters...are peoples and multitudes and nations and languages". And it explains that the "Great Whore" is a city, and it is sitting on "seven mountains". To my knowledge, there is only one great city that has been historically famous for sitting on seven hills ("hills" in scripture are often referred to as "mountains", such as "Mount Zion", and the "Mount of Olives", and the Temple of the Lord being built upon "Mount Moriah"). That city is none other than Rome, Italy. The "beast" that this prophecy alludes to has been accepted by Scholars to be the ten nation confederation that the European Commonwealth will apparently break down into, and which will relinquish all their authority to the Antichrist, for his One-World government.

The major problem with this, so far, is that the E.U. is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. I wonder if the recent bombings in Brussels will eventually cause the headquarters to be moved to Rome, due to their present proximity to the largest concentration ("Per Capita") of Muslim immigrants in Europe being located a short distance from the E.U. headquarters. I don't think the recent bombings are enough to scare the politicians into moving the headquarters. But if it happens again, and soon, and Belgium demonstrates a decided incapacity to protect the headquarters, and the surrounding areas, I could see the politicians deciding to move to some place "safer", like Rome, perhaps??? This would be also taken as a challenge to the murderous terrorists, who hate Christianity, almost as much as they hate Judaism. They don't particularly hate Rome, but the Vatican sits in Rome, the city that "sits on seven 'Mountains'". I'm sure they would consider it a great coup to destroy the Vatican, and the Pope with it, because they couldn't see how the Christian Church could survive a loss like that!!! Certainly, they will have achieved one objective, to terrorize western Europe, which is heavily populated with Catholic believers. This would be their best attempt at wiping out "Christianity", so that Islam could become the dominant religion in Europe.

To their chagrin, they will discover that the Christian Church is much more than the Vatican, and even the Pope, but that will not end their terrorism. That won't end until the true leader of the Christian Church returns; Jesus Christ, and, boy, will they be surprised then!!! But, in the mean time, it is possible that the destruction of Rome will become the major goal of the terrorists, because Revelation 18 describes the destruction of the city referred to in chapter 17, with a symbolism of an Angel taking a stone, "like a great millstone" and throwing it into the sea. Those of you who have seen a stone dropped into a pool of water, or for that matter a drop of water, filmed in slow-motion as it drops into a bucket of water; it has a similar reaction to that of a Nuclear blast upon the earth. Is this God's way of warning us that a Nuclear devise will some day wipe out the city of Rome??? This destruction is described as being watched from the sea (a great distance away), and it is not described as a great fire, or a great explosion, but as a great "smoke of her burning" ( that sounds like a witness's description of a Nuclear "Mushroom Cloud", to me!) I don't prophecy things, remember, I just try to explain the symbolism as best I can. If I am in error, I alone bare the responsibility for missing God on any point; but, if I am correct, then God deserves the glory, for He gave the prophecy to the apostle John, and the ability to understand it to me. This symbolism can't be ignored!!! The consequences of error are too great! If I am in error, I risk being labeled a fool, and becoming a "laughing stock". I'll gladly face that risk, for the opportunity to save even one person, if my warning is true. Revelation 18: 4 cautions us all to, "Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins; lest you share in her plagues..." I make no judgment beyond that; I think the conclusion should be clear.

There are reports, today, that workers at some of Europe's Nuclear plants have been arrested for trying to join I.S.I.S., leading to speculation that the terrorists are trying to get some enriched Plutonium with which they hope to build a "Dirty" Nuclear Bomb, that can be carried in a suit case, and detonated by a time-fuse (or for that matter, they might prefer to follow their handy-work to their reward, personally)! I wouldn't care to partake of that reward, myself, at all!!!

[UPDATE]--4/1/2016:
Some 50 countries are reported to be meeting, somewhere in Europe, to "discuss" how to stop "Nuclear Proliferation", and part of the discussion is reputed to be methods of keeping terrorists from obtaining Plutonium. I can't see any way of accomplishing that, unless the Europeans are ready to admit that their "misplaced compassion" (as I've earlier referred to it) is a failure, and they must fire all Muslim workers at their Nuclear power plants. I don't think their collective obsession with "Political Correctness" will allow this level of blatant discrimination, no matter how dire the risk to public safety! So, if Rome is blown up by a "Dirty" Nuclear bomb, I guess you can chalk that one up to the obsessive believers in "Political Correctness"!

[UPDATE]--4/3/2016:
And then there's this story of our "living-in-denial", boob of a President, Obama closing the international conference on ways to stem the proliferation of Nuclear weapons around the world, claiming that real progress has been made. His "reasoning" (if that word could laughably be applied here) was based on his belief that the recent treaty signed by Iran will actually prevent them from acquiring Nuclear capability (don't hold your breath on that one!), and that new policies with other governments will make it more difficult for terrorists to acquire enriched plutonium, in order to build a "Dirty" bomb, like the one I described above. If I am reading Biblical prophecy correctly, it apparently will not make it hard enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment