Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I Have The Temerity To Think I'm Right

Admittedly, the odds are against me!  But, all one needs to understand the Bible is the ability to read, and to speak the language that it is written in.  I don't claim anything more than adequate skill, in either category, so I rely upon God to add to it with His Understanding, to make up the difference.  Hopefully, my well-deserved humility allows me to see things in the Bible that perhaps famous Biblical scholars are too proud of their academic accomplishments to recognize, or concern for peer criticism might cause them to not consider alternatives.

I do not wish to slander, or in any way denigrate scholarly work that precedes our time.  But, I believe one must consider the circumstances of the scholar's time, to understand if their interpretation is really accurate, or not.

Likewise, those students of these scholars, of years, and even centuries past, must consider the circumstances of their scholarly work in relation to the era in which it was written.   While the Word of God is unchangeable, the recognition of  Prophecy may vary according to the circumstances one finds themselves in.

That is why I discount the opinions of scholars of past centuries, who could not accept that Prophecies, like the "Gog/Magog" Prophecy, found in Ezekiel: 38, and 39, could possibly come to pass, since the countries written about were not capable of an invasion as described, during their life times.  The Prophecy was clearly written for the era God called the "Last Days", and since the description did not match their own era, they considered the Prophecy to be in error, rather than their assumption that they were living in the Last Days.

Other Prophecies also have been somewhat discounted, as relating to the era when Rome was about to "fall", while other aspects of the Prophecy are recognized as being "for the future", when all is clearly referred to as being set in the same "Last Days", (except for the first few chapters of Revelation).  So, when the circumstances seem to be setting themselves up in line with the circumstances of the Prophecy of the Last Days, (as is presently shaping up in the Middle-East, according to the Ezekiel Prophecies), I have no trouble in assuming that we are entering, or are about to enter, those very Last Days!!!  The chronology of those Prophecies' fulfillments, is established by God, and is not a matter of established academic acceptance!

Forgive me, if I seem a bit arrogant in discounting the academic studies of those who are far wiser than I, but the wisdom of the Prophecies are not mine, or theirs, but God's.  If they disagree with me, talk to "the Boss", who spoke it in the first place!   It is not I that discounts the wisdom of "the wise", but God, who delights in confounding their wisdom.   After all, the prophecies are meant for the simple people, who live in the time of their fulfillment, who merely read, and believe, and take warning!   No academic success will exempt one from the fulfillment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment