Monday, October 21, 2019

I'll Grant "Cautious Optimisim" for Trumps Handling Of Kurds

Right now I have more faith in what I hear from Lindsey Graham, than President Trump, concerning the Kurds, in Northern Syria.  If there was a good reason for pulling American troops out of the region, which seemed to give Turkish President Erdogan an unofficial "green light" to invade the Kurds' territory, then I'd like to hear it!   So far it looks like total abandonment, which seems unconscionable, considering the help they gave us in conquering the I.S.I.S. terrorists, in Iraq!

But, if the President talked to Graham, as he says he did, and now Graham says he is "increasingly optimistic" about the President's handling of the situation, then I am willing to give the President the benefit of the doubt, and go so far as "cautious optimism" until I hear something substantial in that regard!!!

I admit I'd prefer to hear some good reason for bailing out on the Kurds, and that this so-called "cease fire", in which both sides seem to be blasting the H*** out of each other, will really turn out to be a permanent cessation of hostilities!  I don't like having to turn against Trump, after he has done so much right, up until this point.  But, I can't support the total abandonment, of a proven ally, especially in a region where there are hostile agents on every side!!!  [more later, as it develops.]

No comments:

Post a Comment