Thursday, August 17, 2017

"Much Ado About Nothing..."

I borrowed this quote from one of Shakespeare's plays to illustrate my scorn for the "tempest in a teapot" scandal that the Democrats, and their almost equally liberal so-called "moderate", or "Establishment" Republicans are blustering about, resulting from the violence at the Charlottesville, Va.,  white nationalist  rally.  It's bad enough when they pretend to be outraged at the rally itself. for which I have serious doubts about their sincerity, but when they try to turn this into a public denunciation of President Trump, because he does not sufficiently do likewise, it galls me to the bone!!!  Such hypocrisy is almost as bad as the theme of the rally, itself, at least in my opinion. 

Perhaps President Trump was politically indelicate in trying to state that both sides of the chaos were to blame for the violence (although there was plenty of evidence to support his view; i.e.. the news video of a black man trying to spray a group of whites with what appeared to be an aerosol can, he had apparently lighted into becoming a portable flame thrower.)   I certainly do not agree that there were "good people on both sides" of the violence.  But, I will state that even some, if not all, of the K.K.K.,  and Neo-Nazi types seem to share some of the values that I share with President Trump, if admittedly for different reasons

I do not share the racist values of the white supremacists, but I am for the building of the wall along the Mexican border, for purely practical  reasons.  I don't much care if the white supremacists agree with the proposal for racist, or ethnocentric reasons.  It's enough that they support the project, and that's more for our side, opposing the equally self-serving bigots on the left, who don't.   I don't feel I have to share their racist values to vote in agreement on this particular issue.  The need to protect our nation from the evil, and potentially violent criminal types that have been sneaking into our country, greatly outweighs the "rights" of the desperate immigrants that are fleeing the violence of their own countries.   We simply can not be the savior of the world's populations, from all the evil of the world.   We stood up to our oppressors in the late eighteenth century; let them go home and stand up to theirs!  I would support helping their revolutionary efforts from here, but I do not support their cooperating with the export of their violence to our nation, while they intend to flee their own nation's violence!

However, if the White Supremacists would try to extrapolate that into saying I agree with their racist values, to the point where I would vote for a candidate that will try and promote a racist change to our existing laws which resist that agenda, that's where I would draw the line, and resist that effort, even if I have to grit my teeth, and steady my hand in voting for a liberal Democrat, in order to defeat the racist candidate. 

Similarly, I support the very conservative candidates that come from predominantly Mormon states, like Utah, without feeling I am supporting anyone's Mormon values, which tend to place their values from the so-called "Book of Mormon" ahead of Biblical values, whenever there is an apparent conflict between the two.  I have yet to find an example of their (as I see it) erroneous values supporting anything that I find contrary to Biblical teachings, but the moment I do,  I will resist them, even to the absolutely distasteful point of voting with the liberals against them.  Therefore, I neither consider myself as supporting Mormonism, because we vote alike on certain issues, for perhaps different reasons, than I feel that I am supporting White Supremacist groups when I vote in agreement with them, also on certain issues, only.  

If the Democrats, and Liberal (er.., I mean "moderate") Republicans have a problem with that, then "tough beans", as they say!  I don't intend to try and please them, and President Trump should not apologize for trying to maintain  a conservative voting block, but he should not go so far as to imply that they are "good people".   I do not agree with that!   They may have good intentions, but, remember the old Christian adage, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."  They are simply wrong about their White Supremacist values, and I suspect that they may be endangering their own souls by holding to them!  But that doesn't mean I must feel any shame for voting similarly with them on any completely unrelated issues to their erroneous values.  I completely reject that kind of reasoning!!!

In short, I guess you could say I reject the non-racist bigotry of the Left (how about their "reverse racism" against anything that is considered to be of interest to most white people?) , almost as much as I reject the racist bigotry of the White Supremacists.  The word "bigotry" implies the belligerent holding to values the are simply wrong, and as far as I am concerned, the Bible is the standard for deciding what I consider to be right, or wrong.  And if the White Supremacists feel they can justify their racist views Biblically, I am sorry, but I can not accept that!  I feel they are grossly in error there, and I would encourage some prayerful reconsideration on that point!  Before God may judge them accordingly! 

For that matter, I'm sure that God certainly hates the concept of slavery, which is the basis of the White Supremacists' values.  But, He never strictly condemned it.  He merely cautioned the slave holders to treat their believing slaves justly, in love, as He would want them to treat other free believers.  I assume that God was giving mankind time to adjust to His concept of freedom, and to realize that it was meant to be extended to all people, including slaves!  He did not condemn slave holders in early Christian days,  nor do I feel He will automatically condemn the White Supremacists.  I assume He is giving them time to re-examine their values, according to Biblical values, rather than the traditional  values of their ancestors.  But, at some point He may decide that they have had enough time, and I would hate to be judged as resisting God's values, simply to hold on to traditional family values!  I leave the obvious choice up to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment