Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hollywood's Explanation Of The Apocalypse?

In my lighter moments of meditation, with apologies to the Lord, I have often wondered how our friendly, Hollywood crowd would explain the Apocalypse, after the fact.  That is, of course, assuming there are any survivors left in Hollywood to reflect upon it, which is highly doubtful! 

Now I think I have somewhat of an answer to my meandering meditations.  I have just seen a rerun of a movie that I think was "Independence Day", but I'm not sure because I missed the opening credits, and I'd never before seen that movie, but I've heard about it, and it seemed like I'd heard. 

I was surprised that Jesus was not mentioned in the script (except perhaps as a swear word in the part I missed), which seemed strange, considering that He will be ultimately victorious over whatever the world wants to throw at Him.  But, according to this script, a bunch of alien monsters want to wipe out the earth's population, until they are ultimately defeated by  a squadron of F-16's, et al.  I guess Hollywood wants us to believe that Jesus' returning with all those who died believing in Him, coupled with any of us who are still alive at His second coming, are just a bunch of alien monsters.  No problem!  Just sick the F-16"s on them, and they'll save the world from the horrible plight of Jesus establishing His Kingdom of Heaven on Earth!  Yeah, riiiiiight!!! 

My point is this:  Has anyone else notice that most of the films Hollywood produces lately have a theme of the "Good Guys" saving the world from extraterrestrial attack, or some super hero doing the same, only His name is not Jesus!  It seems as though Hollywood is preparing the world for some kind of Apocalyptic battle, by assuring the world that you don't have to believe in Jesus to survive!  Well, I've got news for Hollywood:  I've read the last chapter of the Book (the Bible) and that's not the way it turns out!!!  Do you suppose that these false scripts will be of any comfort to the writers, directors, and producers while they reflect upon their stories, in Hell (for eternity)?  I don't mean to condemn them for one movie; they may still have time to repent, and come to the Lord.  But, time is running out quickly, and they just as well may not have time!

I did hear a story out of Hollywood, that their producers are beginning to wonder why the few Christian-themed movies are making money, while many secular-themed movies are not?  DUH!!!  It's almost like the Christians are getting tired of all the trash that is produced there, in the name of entertainment, in the town that gave us films like, "Ben Hur", and the "Ten Commandments", and the like.   If basic morality will not impress these people, perhaps they will respond to their concept of the "Almighty Dollar", at least before it collapses into worthless paper!!!  But, I guess that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment