Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Democrat Catches A Clue!!!

I can not recall ever saying that I agreed with anything that proceeded from the mouth of Senator Diane Feinstein, (Dem., from California) but I finally heard something attributed to her that I can actually agree with! She was reported to have said, "We can fight them there, or we can fight them here.", in reference to the President's request for funds to send "boots on the ground" to fight I.S.I.S., in Iraq and Syria. Finally, evidence that there is intelligent life in California! Amazing!!! Who'd a thunk it?!! But, then again, that statement has been expressed by so many, so often, that it has almost become a cliché. Still, it's nice to know that even the Democrats in Congress are actually listening to what is common sense for everyone else.

What a shame that President Obama has had to "eat crow" in asking for these funds, when everyone in the Pentagon, and the Republican House and Senate were telling him that his air strikes were not going to be sufficient to defeat I.S.I.S., and that he would eventually have to send back the "boots on the ground" that he was so desperate to withdraw from Iraq, in order to fulfill his campaign promise. What an even greater shame that it takes the likes of I.S.I.S., and their worldwide lunatic supporters to bring him and the Democrats in Congress to recognize what everyone else considers to be common sense! Looks to me like it's a classic case of a failed presidency, folks. When the President and the chief spokespersons of his party in Congress have to completely reverse course on the policies that got them elected, I'd say it's about time for them to admit their policies were just plain wrong. But, fat chance they'll actually go that far!

The saddest part of all this is that it was all so unnecessary. We made our biggest mistakes when we allowed these fools to be elected, first to Congress, and then to the White House, and let them implement their foolish policies as if we have given them a mandate to do so. I recognize that George Bush may have gone too far in sending the troops to Iraq, in the first place, but to withdraw them too soon left a collision course between the Sunni forces of Al Quaida, and I.S.I.S. on one side, versus the pro-Iranian, Shiite government that Bush should never have left in place, there. But we have a perfect precedent for the Democrats' solution to getting out of a bad war. It's called "Viet Nam"; which we bailed out of in a hurry, when our Democratic-controlled Congress decided to cut off the funds needed to re-supply our troops. It's a crying shame that there are so many Liberal Democrats who can't recognize when it's necessary to fight, even when you don't want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment