Friday, October 10, 2014

Can Obama Catch A Clue?

An interesting comment speculated on FOX NEWS, today. "Is it time to think about expelling Turkey from N.A.T.O.?" Duh!!! It's way past time if you ask me! But, rest assured that just as soon as they are expelled they'll ally themselves with Russia's Putin and his greedy desires for Mid-East conquest. America has been soliciting Turkish assistance in their anti-I.S.I.S. air campaign, while Turkey has reputedly resisted cooperation unless America agrees to join in the effort to overthrow the Assad regime in Syria. But I strongly suspect that the real reason is because they have more to gain by supporting I.S.I.S. than by cooperating with us. The main "boots on the ground" fighting force taking the fight to the I.S.I.S. terrorists are the Kurds of northern Iraq. They have been in conflict with the Turkish government for decades over territory claimed by both the Kurds, and the Turks in northeastern Turkey, with sometimes bloody consequences. It may seem very convenient for the Turks to allow the I.S.I.S. rebel forces to conquer their hated Kurdish enemies, especially since their black-market oil shipments were reputed to have been shipped across the border to Turkey, a process that could be expected to increase if I.S.I.S. were to conquer the oil fields that are presently controlled by the Kurds.

The Kurdish forces are capable fighters, but they are running low on weapons, and ammunition, which America has promised to re-supply, but stubbornly insists on doing so through the new Iraqi government, which has kept the arms for their own incompetent forces instead of giving them to the Kurds, as they have been known to do before. How incredibly stupid of the Obama administration to keep sending good armaments to the incompetent Iraqi army, knowing that they can be counted upon to desert their posts when the fighting gets tough, and leave all their weapons and ammunition for I.S.I.S. to loot once they have conquered Baghdad. Just another example of Obama failing to catch a common sense clue, when it's obvious to everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment