Thursday, June 3, 2021

Forgive Me For Defending A Liberal, But...

 I met  Dr. Fauci once, briefly, and he seemed to be a very nice man.  I realize that a brief (one , or two minute), conversation is not enough time to fairly judge anyone, but..,.as the saying goes, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!     I was teaching, and coaching a sport that his daughter (I can't even recall her name) was participating in, and afterwards he wanted to know how she was doing.    So, I gave him my thoughts on her progress,  and he seemed to appreciate my  analysis.   I realize this was nothing revealing  about someone's character, yet I can't help sympathizing with him, guilty, or not, of the charges being leveled against him!      I knew he was a Dr,, but I didn't know he worked at N.I.H., where my father was working when he passed away, in my early childhood.    I was always curious, since, to know if he remembered my father, but I never got a chance to speak to him after that.     

Anyway, Conservative or Liberal, I hate to see apparently sincere people excoriated by the press, as president Trump was for more than 4 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment