Wednesday, July 25, 2018

With Apologies For Not Posting ...

..,.For the last 18 days!  I've had an illness in the "family" that seems it may be terminal!   Not me, or any other human...but my computer is sick, and it looks like it may not survive!  It has a diseased system that the "pop-ups" keep calling, "outdated drivers".  I'm on my third or fourth computer, and I have some  very paranoid suspicions about what I think may be the most diabolical "malware" source in the world, that calls itself, "Windows Updates"!!!

After every unsolicited, and totally involuntary, forced "updates" session, I have noticed that my computer always runs more sluggishly, not more efficiently, at least for a brief time, before it settles into normalcy.  Recently, I started getting notices that my drivers were outdated, though my computer is only two, or three years old.  Investigating how to "Update" my drivers, I was directed to a company which will gladly do the job, for 25% of my original price of my computer!  If I recall correctly, I think my other computers started going bad after about 2, or 3 years, also.
.
I am reminded of stories in the 1960's of the systematic "planned obsolescence" of the cars that came out of Detroit, with the obvious intent of forcing drivers to think about buying a new car every couple of years.  Why do I suspect that this is a newer version of the same thing?  All Windows has to do is to junk up the memories of all the computers they have sold, with programs designed to slow the computer, and make it not respond correctly to the user's commands, and they create the sense in the owner that it is time to think about buying a new computer.

I'm enough of a cheapskate that I try to buy computers that don't cost much.  I wonder if this is Window's way of forcing their customers to spend more money, while they think they are being frugal.  Do they junk up the expensive computers the way they do mine?  I wonder!!!

Of course I can't prove anything;  I'm just venting my spleen over the greedy injustice of it all, if my suspicions are true!   I may have to depend upon public-use computers to keep this Blog going, which is not very convenient.

Is it appropriate to ask for prayer for my computer???  Oh well, we'll get by some how!

No comments:

Post a Comment