Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sometimes Prophetic

There are times when God causes us to say things that turn out to be prophetic, in spite of ourselves. Such it seems was the case when I wrote the post for Nov. 9th, sarcastically lauding the "wonderful" accomplishment of our brilliant new Secretary of State, John Kerry, who had apparently negotiated a new treaty with Iran, that he assured us would stop Iran's advancing enrichment of plutonium into weapons grade material capable of producing sufficient nuclear arms to wipe Israel off the planet. I had heard a news report to this effect in passing, and I'm afraid my outrage got the better of me, and I published my post before I confirmed that the treaty was signed. Subsequently, the treaty is now reality, and Kerry can now rest assured that he will go down in history, along with Churchill's predecessor, Neville Chamberlain, who gave up Hungary, or Chekoslavakia to Hitler's enslavement, in order to ensure continued "world peace". But enslavement is not quite as bad as absolute genocidal holocaust, and Kerry's conscience must now face the possibility of having to answer to God for setting up His people for that risk. Well we know how Chamberlain's treaty worked out, and I'm sure the Israelis are suffering from a bad case of "Deja-Vu-all-over-again" ( to quote that wise old prophet, Yogi Berra). So now I feel a bit like a prophet myself, since God caused my premature sarcasm to eventually be appropriate for now. Only trouble is, I still have to look myself in the mirror, and I guess I don't look much like what I think a prophet should look like. So, I'll just give God all the glory, and try a little harder to verify my stories before posting comments, in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment